Monday 24 July 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry [Norman] Malzberg and Bob Lilly.
John, the Soldier of Vengeance, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1939 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Barry [Norman] Malzberg: Sci-fi author (Revelations, Beyond Apollo).
- Bob Lilly: NFL defensive tackle (Dallas Cowboys).
- Walter Bellamy: New Bern, North Carolina -- NBA center (Knicks / Olympic - Gold - 1960).
- Walt Bellamy: American basketball player, a one-time center who was first signed by the Chicago Packers after being selected in the first round of the 1961 NBA draft.
- David Simon: Baron Simon of Highbury English businessman and politician.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 July 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?