Monday 17 July 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Warwick Hutton and Andree Champagne.
Beau Geste, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1939 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Warwick Hutton: Artist.
- Andree Champagne: French Canadian actress and politician.
- Alain Geismar: French political activist, a major personality in the events of the May 1968 revolution.
- Milva : Italian chanson singer, told gregor that birth record officers recorded her birth for day after actual birth.
- Andrée Champagne: Canadian actress and politician.
- Spencer Davis: Welsh singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Spencer Davis Group)
- Ali Khamenei: Iranian cleric and politician 2nd Supreme Leader of Iran
- 22nd PGA Championship: Henry Picard at Pomonok Country Club - Flushing, New York
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?