Saturday 24 June 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roy Elihu Travis and Tata Giacobetti.
The Dictator, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1922 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Roy Elihu Travis: NYC, New York -- Composer (Passion of Dedipus).
- Tata Giacobetti: Italian singer who in 1940–41 founded a vocal quartet called Quartetto Egie, that changed line-up and name twice, becoming Quartetto Ritmo first and then Quartetto Cetra.
- Joseph Rabine: French Catholic prelate, the Bishop of Cahors (1973-1986) then Archbishop of Albi from 1986 until his death on 12 December 1988.
- Jack Carter: American actor singer and director (d. 2015).
- John Postgate: English microbiologist author and academic (d. 2014).
- Walter Rathenau: German foreign minister, killed by anti-semites at 54.
- AFPA changes name to NFL, Chicago Staleys become Chicago Bears.
- The American Professional Football Association formally changes its name to the National Football League.
- Weimar Republic foreign minister Walter Rathenau is assassinated the murderers are captured July 17.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 June 1922
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- High Brown Blues - Sophie Tucker
- Swanee River Moon - Prince's Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?