Friday 9 June 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include P G Beazley and John Gillespie Magee.
The Phantom Carriage, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1922 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- P G Beazley: MEP.
- John Gillespie Magee: Jr.
- Pierre Delebarre: French astrologer, author of the books "La Porte du ciel" (1981) and "L'Astrologie du verbe et l'alphabet cosmique" (1988).
- George Axelrod: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2003).
- John Magee: Jr.
- Fernand Seguin: Canadian biochemist and academic (d. 1988)
- Albert Baertsoen: Flemish Painter / etcher, dies at 56.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Do it Again - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Old-Fashioned Girl - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?