Friday 9 June 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Phantom Carriage, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1922 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- P G Beazley: MEP.
- George Axelrod: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2003).
- John Magee: Jr.
- Fernand Seguin: Canadian biochemist and academic (d. 1988).
- Pierre Delebarre: French astrologer, author of the books "La Porte du ciel" (1981) and "L'Astrologie du verbe et l'alphabet cosmique" (1988).
- John Gillespie Magee: Jr., American poet and aviator (d. 1941)
- Albert Baertsoen: Flemish Painter / etcher, dies at 56.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Do it Again - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Old-Fashioned Girl - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1922?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?