Sunday 24 October 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aaron Bailey and Mike Verstegen.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Women in Cages, directed by Gerry de Leon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All'ultimo minuto.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1971 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Aaron Bailey: NFL wide receiver (Indianapolis Colts).
- Mike Verstegen: NFL guard (NO Saints).
- Caprice Bourret: American model and actress.
- Antony Hegarty: English singer-songwriter and pianist (Hercules and Love Affair and Antony and the Johnsons).
- Dervla Kirwan: Irish actress and producer.
- Texas Stadium opens - Dallas Cowboys beat New England Patriots 44-21.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 October 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Carpenters - Superstar
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?