Thursday 24 September 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1970 ?
- Jeanette Kollasch: Evanston, Illinois -- WPVA volleyballer (Pismo-17th-1995).
- Kristin Talbot: Schuylerville, New York -- Speed skater (1994 Olympics).
- Mario Cristobal: WLAF guard (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Paul Spoljaric: Pitcher (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Winfred Tubbs: NFL linebacker (NO Saints).
- 1st Automated return of lunar sample by Luna 16
- Soviet Luna 16 lands on earth after 1st unmanned round trip to moon
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Dawn - Candida
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?