Tuesday 24 October 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 24 October 2006 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 October
- William Montgomery Watt: Scottish historian and Islamic scholar (Born 1909).
- Justice Rutherford of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice struck down the ''motive clause'', an important part of the Canadian Anti-Terrorism Act.
- Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi accuses the Government of Eritrea of jeopardizing regional stability by engaging in a proxy war through its assistance to the Islamic Courts Union in Somalia. Zenawi warns the Ethiopian Parliament that ampquotJihadists are amassing their forces near our borders.ampquot (allAfrica)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes at another record high. (News Limited)
- Solomon Islands Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare formally proposes reducing the role of Australia in the Regional Assistance Mission to the Solomon Islands (RAMSI) in his country at a Pacific leaders forum in Fiji. (ABC News Australia)
- The European Union announces it plans to assist Kazakhstan in developing nuclear power for ampquotpeaceful purposes.ampquot (NASDAQ)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad opposes a bill in Iranian parliament that would require the fingerprinting of any citizens of the United States that are visiting Iran, stating, ampquotWe do not have a problem with American people. We oppose only the U.S. government.ampquot (AP via ABC)
- An Associated Press photographer is released after a day in the hands of Palestinian gunmen. (AP via WCBS)
- Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Dennis Hastert sits down with ethics investigators trying to determine when he and his staff learned about ex-Rep. Mark Foley's come-ons to former male pages and what they did to stop it. (AP via San Francisco Chronicle)
- Firefox 2.0 is released. (CNET)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?