Wednesday 25 August 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Watch on the Rhine, directed by Herman Shumlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1943 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Peque Gallaga: Filipino actor director and screenwriter.
- Harry Manfredini: American composer and conductor.
- 10th NFL Chicago All-Star Game: All-Stars 27, Washington 7 (48,471)
- German occupiers impose 72-hour work week
- Lord Mountbatten appointed Supreme Allied Commander in SE Asia
- Red Army under General Vatutin recaptures Achtyrka
- US forces overrun New Georgia in Solomon Islands during WWII
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 August 1943 and get them!