Monday 19 January 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Pollyanna, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1920 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Javier Perez de Cuellar: Peruvian United Nations Secretary General.
- Bernard Dunstan: English painter and educator.
- Javier de Cuéllar: Peruvian politician and diplomat 135th Prime Minister of Peru.
- Roberto Levingston: Argentinian general and politician 36th President of Argentina (d. 2015).
- Luciano Chailly: Italian composer, artistic director of La Scala at Milan 1968 - 1972.
- Eug?ne Saubier: Villeurbanne physician
- Alexandre Millerand forms French government.
- The United States Senate votes against joining the League of Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?