Wednesday 28 December 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1949 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Harry Middleton: American nature writer, most noted for his novel, The Earth is Enough, which chronicles Middleton's young life growing up in the rural Ozark mountains of the central United States.
- Barbara De Fina: American production manager and producer.
- Yasmin Khan: American noted family, the daughter of Prince Aly Khan and his wife, actress Rita Hayworth, born in Switzerland.
- 20th Century Fox announces it will produce TV programs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Blue Christmas - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?