Tuesday 25 January 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Upstream, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1927 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Arie Groenevelt: Dutch trade union official.
- Gregg Palmer in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Scream, To Hell and Back).
- Erwin Knebel: Swiss artist, painter.
- Virginia Carpenter: American missing person, a 21-year-old woman from Texarkana, Texas who went missing in Denton, Texas in the summer of 1948.
- Raymond Bouchex: French Roman Catholic archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Avignon, France.
- Antônio Jobim: Brazilian singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1994)
- Seung Sahn: Zen teacher (Korean line).
- Antonio Carlos Jobim: Brazilian composer (d. 1994)
- Gregg Palmer: American actor, known primarily for his prolific work in television westerns. Films include "the rare breed," "the shootist," "the creature walks among us".
- Tom Jobim: Brazilian composer. Antonio Carlos Brasileiro de Almeida Jobim, the foremost popular composer of his country performing in a trio with Villa-Lobos (classical with pop roots) and Carlos Gomex (from Italian operatic inspiration). He is famed for songs which include the whole Bossa Nova book, starting with "The Girl From Ipanema." He is praised by professionals that include Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Stan Getz and more.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 January 1927 and get them!