Wednesday 25 October 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Solaris, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1972 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Leland Taylor: Defensive tackle (Baltimore Ravens).
- Esther Duflo: French-American economist born in a protestant family.
- Persia White: TV Actress.
- Jonathan Torrens: Canadian actor producer and screenwriter.
- Sayuri Uchida: Japanese actress.
- Norman Norell [Levinson]: US fashion designer, dies at 72.
- Nobel prize for economy awarded to Kenneth J Arrow and John R Hicks
- Eddy Merckx (Belgium) covers 30 miles, 1,258 yards in one hour.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Danny O'Keefe - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?