Tuesday 10 October 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Ben by Michael Jackson.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Last Tango in Paris, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1972 ?
- Harvey Anderson: English-Sri Lankan cricketer.
- Jun Lana: Filipino director producer playwright and screenwriter.
- Dean Roland: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Collective Soul and Magnets and Ghosts).
- Alexei Zhitnik: Kiev, Ukraine -- NHL defenseman (Buffalo Sabres).
- Hunter Goodwin: Tight end (Minnesota Vikings).
- Marianne Limpert: Matagami, Quebec -- 200m relay swimmer (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- Trent McCleary: Swift Current, Saskatchewan -- NHL right wing (Ottawa Senators)
- Yinka Dare: African-American basketball player: center, Nets
- Emanuele Merisi: Italian swimmer of the 200m who won a Bronze Medal in the Atlanta Olympics 7/26/1996.
- Russell Hantz: American Survivor Contestant
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA Heritage Village Golf Open
- The 1972 Chicago commuter rail crash, killing 48, occurs due to foggy conditions, the accident push for changes in Chicago commuter rail, such as brightly colored ends on the cars.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Hot Butter - Popcorn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 October 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?