Sunday 8 October 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dede Demet and Jared Kaaiohelo.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Last Tango in Paris, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Izdanci iz opaljenog grma.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1972 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Dede Demet: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Jared Kaaiohelo: WLAF running back (Scottish Claymores).
- Kim Myung Min: Korean actor.
- Terry Balsamo: American guitarist and songwriter (Cold Limp Bizkit and Evanescence).
- Kim Myung-min: South Korean actor and singer.
- Stanislav Varga: Slovak footballer and manager
- From Israel with Love closes at Palace Theater NYC after 8 performances
- Harold Carmichael begins NFL streak of 127 consecutive game receptions
- Lerrin LaGrow Campy, who had been hit by a pitch, is fined and suspended
- R. Sargent Shriver is chosen to replace Thomas Eagleton as the U.S. vice-presidential nominee of the Democratic Party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?