Friday 27 October 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Steel and Evan Coyne Maloney.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Solaris, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Das Licht der schwarzen Kerze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1972 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- John Steel: Auckland, New Zealand -- 100m / 200m swimmer (1996 Olympics).
- Evan Coyne Maloney: American filmmaker.
- Marika Krook: Finnish singer (Edea).
- Maria de Lurdes Mutola: Mozambican athlete.
- Beccy Cole: Australian country music singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist.
- Elissa : World Music Singer
- Lee Clark: English footballer and manager
- Evan Maloney: American director producer and screenwriter
- Maria Mutola: Maputo, Mozambique -- 800m runner (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Brad Radke: Eau Claire, Wisconsin -- Pitcher (Minn Twins)
- Lew Parker: Actor (Lou Marie-That Girl), dies a day before turning 65.
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area created.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Danny O'Keefe - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?