Saturday 25 September 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Thank Your Lucky Stars, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1943 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Aram Saroyan: American poet, novelist, biographer, memoirist and playwright, who is especially known for his minimalist poetry, famous examples of which include the one-word poem "lighght" and a one-letter poem comprising a four-legged version of the letter "m".
- Robert Gates: American lieutenant academic and politician 22nd United States Secretary of Defense.
- John Locke: Los Angeles, California -- Rock keyboardist (Spirit-I Got A Line on You).
- Robert Walden: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Gary Alexander: Tennessee, United States -- Rock vocalist / guitarist (Association).
- Robert Walden in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Joe Rossi - Lou Grant, New Doctors).
- Josh Taylor: American actor seen in the role of Chris Kositchek in the afternoon soap TV series "Days of Our Lives," 1977, where his character soon became a major force on the show. After four years of starring on "Days," Taylor took a two-year sabbatical before rejoining the cast in mid-1982. He continued doing "Days" and "The Hogan Family" until 1987, when he chose to concentrate solely on the latter.
- Michael Selig: American artist, draughtsman, sculptor, and craftsman.
- Russian troops liberate Smolensk
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?