Monday 27 August 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Our Dancing Daughters, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1928 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Jack Thompson: MP (Labour).
- Mangosuthu Gatsha Buthelezi: Premier of Kwazulu (Shaka Zulu).
- Peter Richard Tahourdin: Composer.
- Mangosuthu Buthelezi: South African Zulu leader, politician.
- Péter Boross: Hungarian lawyer and politician 54th Prime Minister of Hungary.
- Joan Kroc: Wife of Ray Korc / owner (McDonalds & San Diego Padres)
- 42nd US Womens Tennis: Helen W Moody beats Helen Hull Jacobs (62 61)
- Sixteen die in New York City subway accident.
- The Pact of Paris (Kellogg-Briand Pact) is signed by the USA, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Great Britain, Germany, Italy, Japan, and Poland. The countries condemn recourse to war, renouncing it as an instrument of national policy in relations with one another.
- The Kellogg-Briand Pact outlawing war is signed by the first 15 nations to do so. Ultimately sixty-one nations will sign it.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?