Friday 10 August 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Patriot, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1928 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Alice G0Lde: Corbeil-Essonnes physician.
- Jimmy Dean: American country music singer, television host, actor and businessman.
- Eddie Fisher: American crooner of the 1950's.
- Gerino Gerini: Italian race car driver (d. 2013).
- Gus Mercurio: American-born Australian actor (d. 2010).
- Ray Mundt: American executive and CEO in charge of Alco Standard, a paper distributor and office equipment company. With interests in merchandise marketing, Mundt has a BS in Business from Wisconsin State in 1953. As a hobby, he is a collector of clocks, decoys and classic cars.
- Jimmy Dean in Texas: USA; actor/singer (Jimmy Dean Show, Diamonds are Forever).
- Eddie Fisher in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania; singer ("Oh My Papa", "Lady of Spain").
- Rex Cherryman: American actor (Born 1897).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 August 1928 and get them!