Sunday 27 December 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Magic, directed by Robert Davi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MKC: The Monster Killers Club.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aqua Moto Racing or Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 27 December 2009 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 December
- A consortium led by Korea Electric Power gets a US$20.4-billion contract to build nuclear power plants in the United Arab Emirates, the largest-ever energy deal in the Middle East. (''Korea Times'')
- Officials in Yemen say top Houthi leader Abdul-Malik al-Houthi has been killed during an offensive in the north of the country. (Reuters)
- At least six people are dead and many missing after a ferry sinks off Verde Island near Batangas, Philippines, the second such disaster in as many days. (''China Daily'')
- Iran anti-government protest:
- The nephew of opposition leader Mir-Hossein Mousavi is killed by security forces in clashes with protestors. (Reuters)
- Iranian police clash with opposition protesters in central Tehran and other cities, with reports of some deaths. (BBC)
- Uzbekistan holds a parliamentary election to elect members of the Supreme Assembly. (Reuters)
- Croatia holds a presidential election. (AFP)
- A tomb, believed to be that of Cao Cao, one of the Chinese leaders during the Three Kingdoms period, is discovered in Henan Province. (ABC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?