Wednesday 27 June 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Gyu-ri and Benjamin Speed.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ring My Bell by Anita Ward.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Wanderers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast wia im richtigen Leben.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asteroids or Radar Scope.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1979 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Kim Gyu-ri: South Korean actress.
- Benjamin Speed: Australian musician and film composer.
- Barak Epstein: Director.
- John Warne: American bass player.
- Supreme Court rules employers may use quotas to help minorities
- Muhammad Ali announces his retirement from boxing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Rex Smith - You Take My Breath Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?