Thursday 28 June 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ring My Bell by Anita Ward.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Wanderers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1979 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Felicia Day: American actress, writer, director, violinist, and singer.
- Jeanette Aw: Singaporean actress singer and dancer.
- Kaidi Jekimova: Estonian footballer.
- Randy McMichael: American football player.
- Neil Shanahan: Irish race car driver (d. 1999).
- Florian Zeller: French novelist and playwright, whose work has been translated into a dozen languages. In 2004, he won the prestigious "Prix Interallié".
- Paul Dessau: German Composer / conducter (Berlin, 1925-33), dies at 84.
- OPEC raises oil prices 24%
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Rex Smith - You Take My Breath Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?