Saturday 16 June 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuel Moire .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Muppet Movie, directed by James Frawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Rescue or Warrior.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1979 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Emmanuel Moire: French pop singer and pianist, an eclectic artist: he participated on the musical "Le Roi Soleil" (playing Louis XIV), with Christophe Maé, and on the TV show "Danse avec les Stars" (winner in 2012).
- Ben Weber: US Composer (Thorne Music Award 1965), dies at 62.
- Liselotte Welskopf-Heinrich: Writer, dies at 77.
- Ignatius Kutu Acheamphong: Ghanaian dictator (Born 1931).
- Nicholas Ray: American actor, and director famed for "Johnny Guitar," 1954, "The Lusty Men," 1954, "Rebel Without a Cause," 1955 and "King of Kings," 1961.
- Logical Song by Supertramp peaks at #6
- Moslem Brotherhood kills 62 sheiks in Aleppo Syria
- Carl Yastrzemski hits his 1,000th extra base hit.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 June 1979
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?