Wednesday 6 June 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love You Inside Out by Bee Gees.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Game of Death, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1979 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Summer Newman: Miss Georgia Teen USA (1996).
- Solenne Figuès: French swimmer, she won a bronze medal at the 2004 Athens Olympics on the 200m freestyle, after participating in the 1996 and 2000 Olympics.
- Jack Haley: American film executive and co-founder, along with David Wolper, of Wolper Productions, Inc.
- Josef Mengeles corpse excavated in Brazil
- Royal Air force receives 1st F-16
- Willie Horton becomes 43rd player to hit 300 home runs in the majors.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?