Thursday 7 June 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Donnelly and Élodie De Sélys.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love You Inside Out by Bee Gees.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Game of Death, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ozma Wars or Radar Scope.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1979 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Brian Donnelly: Canadian artist.
- Élodie De Sélys: Belgian journalist, writer and television presenter.
- Kevin Hofland: Dutch footballer.
- Evelina Papantoniou: Greek fashion model and actress.
- Anna Torv: Australian actress.
- Forrest Carter: American author (Born 1925).
- 52nd National Spelling Bee: Katie Kerwin wins spelling maculature
- Bhaskara 1, Indian Earth resources / meteorology satellite, launched
- Portugal government of Mota Pinto resigns
- Rocker Chuck Berry is charged with tax evasion
- The first direct elections to the European Parliament begin, allowing citizens from across all then-9 European Community member states to elect 410 MEPs. It is also the first international election in history.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?