Saturday 27 March 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon Strikes Back, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1943 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Keith Allan: English-Australian linguist and academic.
- S Barnes: English sociologist and academic.
- Mike Curtis: American football player and coach.
- Phil Frank: American cartoonist (d. 2007).
- Nicholas Humphrey: English psychologist author and academic.
- Grant McCune: American special effects designer (d. 2010)
- Lorraine Michael: Canadian nun educator and politician
- Duncan Paterson: Scottish rugby player and manager (d. 2009)
- Jean-Pierre Morel: French jazz saxophone player.
- M Robert Carr American politician (Representative-Democrat-Michigan: 1975-81, 83-).
- Jean-Michel Musso: French architect-in-chief of historical monuments (Architecte en Chef des Monuments Historiques).
- Grigori Yakovlevich Bakhchivangi: test pilot (BI-1), killed in crash.
- Blue Ribbon Town (with Groucho Marx) 1st heard on CBS Radio
- US begins assault on Fondouk-pass, Tunisia.
- World War II: Battle of the Komandorski Islands : In the Aleutian Islands the battle begins when United States Navy forces intercept Japanese attempting to reinforce a garrison at Kiska.
- WWII ampndash Escort carrier ''Dasher'' was destroyed by an accidental explosion in the Firth of Clyde, killing 379 of the crew of 528.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?