Monday 29 March 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon Strikes Back, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1943 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Sir John Major: Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Vangelis : Greek keyboard player and songwriter (Aphrodite's Child and Jon and Vangelis).
- Chad Allan: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Guess Who and Brave Belt).
- John Major: British politician and Conservative Prime Minister.
- Robin Davis: French film director and screenwriter.
- Eric Idle: British member of the demented "Monty Python" group. During college, he wrote and acted in many comedy shows and skits, moving into TV and film as an actor, screenwriter and songwriter. He wrote for several TV series, and, later, was the only one of the five Pythons who wrote alone. As he went to Cambridge later than Cleese and Chapman, he met and joined the troupe later than the other members.
- Meat, butter and cheese rationed in US (784 gram/week, two kilogram for GI's).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?