Monday 22 March 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Cabin in the Sky, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1943 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Nazem Ganjapour: Iranian footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Keith Relf: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Yardbirds Renaissance and Armaggedon) (d. 1976).
- Jane Statlander: American astrologer who relocated to Raanan, Israel where she writes a column, gives talks and astrology readings, "the English speaker's astrologer.
- George Benson: Jazz Singer.
- George Benson in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; singer/guitarist ("Greatest Love of All").
- Joseph Schwantner: Composer
- Keith Reif: England, United Kingdom -- Rocker (Yardbirds-For Your Love, Renaissance)
- Obligatory work for woman ends in Belgium
- SS police chief Rauter threatens to kill half Jewish children.
- Dutch work week extended to 54 hours.
- World War II: the entire population of Khatyn in Belarus is burnt alive by German occupation forces.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 March 1943 and get them!