Sunday 27 February 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1955 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Garry Christian: Rocker.
- Sally Spencer: Actress (M J McKinnon-Another World).
- Bernard Borrel: French magistrate in Djibouti who died under mysterious circumstances on 19 October 1995.
- Rene Kirby: American film and television actor.
- Christopher Wilding: American noted family, the second son of Elizabeth Taylor and her husband Michael Wilding.
- Rainhard Fendrich: Austrian singer, composer, guitarist.
- Peter Christopherson: English keyboard player songwriter and director (Coil and Throbbing Gristle (d. 2010)
- Lou Hirsch: American actor
- Tom Howard: comedian (It Pays to be Ignorant), dies at age 66.
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA Sarasota Golf Open.
- Soviet Union regional elections, 1955.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 February 1955 and get them!