Saturday 27 March 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Millicent Davis and Karen MacNeil.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Wallace and Ladmo Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1954 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Millicent Davis: American homicide victim.
- Karen MacNeil: American food and wine writer, author of "The Wine Bible" and host of a public broadcasting series on wine that debuted in the fall of 2004.
- Marie-Claire Baldenweg: Swiss-Australian painter.
- Gerard Batten: English lawyer and politician.
- Paul Bennett: Canadian football player and coach.
- Robbie Haines: American sailor
- Mauro Roman: Italian horse rider
- Armando Vara: Portuguese banker and politician
- Paolo Vinaccia: Italian drummer
- The Castle Romeo nuclear test explosion is executed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - Here
- A Girl A Girl (Zoom-Ba Di Alli Nella) - Eddie Fisher
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?