Tuesday 28 August 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Hlubek and Wayne Osmond in Ogden.
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Search for Tomorrow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1951 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Dave Hlubek: Rock guitarist (Molly Hatchet).
- Wayne Osmond in Ogden: Utah, USA; singer (Osmond Brothers, Donnie and Marie).
- Annamaria Rizzoli: Italian actress, usually featured in "dumb-blonde" roles.
- Christian Terras: French founder of the Golias publishing house.
- Paul Wright: Paul Wright has been studying astrology and collecting data for around 35 years.
- Colin McAdam: Scottish footballer (d. 2013)
- Wayne Osmond: American singer-songwriter and actor (The Osmonds)
- Keiichi Suzuki: Japanese singer-songwriter and actor (The Beatniks)
- Robert Walker: American noted family, the son of Jennifer Jones and Robert Walker.
- Braves sell pitcher Johnny Sain to the Yankees for $50,000
- Pirates snap New York Giants 16 game win streak
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 August 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?