Thursday 28 December 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kary Mullis and Sandra Faber.
Meet Me in St. Louis, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching La piste aux étoiles (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1944 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Kary Mullis: American chemist and winner of the Nobel Prize at age 48.
- Sandra Faber: American astronomer and academic.
- Johnny Isakson: American sergeant and politician.
- Gordon Taylor: English footballer.
- Eisenhower and Montgomery meet in Hasselt Belgium
- Former Washington 3rd baseman Buddy Lewis wins Distinguished Flying Cross
- Maurice Richard becomes the first player to score 8 points in one game of NHL ice hockey.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Let Me Love You - Charlie Spivak
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?