Thursday 28 December 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Meet Me in St. Louis, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1944 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Kary Mullis: American chemist and winner of the Nobel Prize at age 48.
- Sandra Faber: American astronomer and academic.
- Johnny Isakson: American sergeant and politician.
- Gordon Taylor: English footballer.
- Eisenhower and Montgomery meet in Hasselt Belgium
- Former Washington 3rd baseman Buddy Lewis wins Distinguished Flying Cross
- Maurice Richard becomes the first player to score 8 points in one game of NHL ice hockey.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Let Me Love You - Charlie Spivak
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?