Monday 28 December 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1981!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1981 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- David Moss: Hockey Player.
- Sienna Miller: British actress.
- Mika Vayrynen: Finnish footballer.
- Narsha : South Korean singer dancer and actress (Brown Eyed Girls).
- Khalid Boulahrouz: Dutch footballer.
- Orlando Smeekes: Curaçaoan footballer
- Frank Turner: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Million Dead and Möngöl Hörde)
- Mika Väyrynen: Finnish footballer
- Elizabeth Jordan Carr: first American test-tube baby
- Elizabeth Carr: First test-tube baby born in United States to schoolteacher mom whose fallopian tubes had been removed. Fertilization took place 4/15/1981 between 13:00 to 18:00 EST and the implant was 4/17/1981 at 12:01 EST.
- Allan Dwan: Canadian-born film director (Born 1885).
- Cleveland Metroparks Administrative offices move from downtown to Zoo
- Warner-Elektra-Atlantic raises price of 45 records from $1.68 to $1.98
- The first American test-tube baby (Elizabeth Jordan Carr) is born, in Norfolk, Virginia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?