Tuesday 28 March 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dodge City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1939 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Leila Kasra: Iranian-American poet and songwriter (d. 1989).
- Edward Pearce: English journalist and author.
- Francis Matthew John Baker: Australian politician (Born 1903).
- Dutch hunter shoots English bombers down.
- Renaissance Big 5 win first pro basketball championship.
- Spanish Civil War: Generalissimo Francisco Franco conquers Madrid.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?