Sunday 28 August 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Carefree, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1938 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Paul Martin: Canadian Prime Minister, from December 12, 2003.
- Dick LeMay: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the San Francisco Giants (1961–1962) and Chicago Cubs (1963).
- Maurizio Costanzo: Italian journalist and academic.
- Bengt Fahlström: Swedish journalist.
- Mauthausen concentration camp opens in Austria
- Northwestern University awards honorary degree to ventriloquist's dummy Charlie McCarthy.
- Lord Runciman's mission to mitigate the Sudetenland crisis begins to break down. British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain recalls the British Ambassador Nevile Henderson from Berlin, to instruct Henderson to set up a personal meeting between Chamberlain and Hitler.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?