Monday 29 August 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elliott Gould in Queens and Robert Rubin United States Secretary of the Treasury 1995.
Carefree, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1938 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Elliott Gould in Queens: New York, USA; actor (M*A*S*H, Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice).
- Robert Rubin United States Secretary of the Treasury 1995: 1999.
- Christian Muller: German footballer.
- Elliott Gould: American actor who began on Broadway at 18 as a song-and-dance man, who modeled and appeared on occasional TV spots before breaking into film in 1968 with "The Night They Raided Minsky's," 1968.
- Nathan Jackson: Painter.
- Angela Huth: English journalist and author
- Christian Müller: German footballer and manager
- Robert Rubin: American lawyer and politician 70th United States Secretary of the Treasury
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?