Thursday 29 January 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Ubago and Dario Lopilato.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Tide Is High by Blondie.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mystery!: Malice Aforethought.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Defender or Video Hustler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1981!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1981 ?
- Alex Ubago: Spanish musician.
- Dario Lopilato: Argentine actor.
- Elijah Wood: American actor perhaps most notable for his portrayal of Frodo in the acclaimed movie trilogy by Peter Jackson of "Lord of the Rings" (2001, 2002, 2003).
- Rui En: Singaporean actress & singer.
- Ryūji Aoki: Japanese actor and singer.
- Jonny Lang: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Darío Lopilato: Argentinian actor
- Vladimir Gojković: Montenegrin water polo player
- Roberts Mežeckis: Latvian footballer
- Álex Ubago: Spanish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Alex Jorge y Lena)
- Cozy Cole: American drummer (d. 1981).
- AL approves sale of White Sox to Jerry Reinsdorf and Eddie Einhorn for $20 million, and 80% of Mariners to George Argyros for $104 million
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- Diana Ross - It's My Turn
- Barry Manilow - I Made It Through The Rain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?