Tuesday 30 July 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hello, I Love You by The Doors.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1968 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Shen Tong: Chinese dissident, one of the four top leaders of the 1989 pro-democracy movement that was crushed by China's army.
- Sofie Gråbøl: Danish actress.
- Robert Korzeniowski: Polish race walker and coach.
- Sean Moore: Welsh drummer and songwriter (Manic Street Preachers).
- Terry Crews: NFL linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Charles Gordon: CFL defensive back (Montreal Alouettes)
- Michael Brandon: NFL defensive end (SF 49ers)
- Jon Leifs: Composer, dies at 69.
- Washingston Senator Ron Hansen makes 1st unassisted triple-play in 41 years
- Thames Television starts transmission in London.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?