Monday 31 July 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Hinton and Susan Sanders.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Mysterious Island, directed by Cy Endfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1961 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Chris Hinton: NFL guard (Minn Vikings).
- Susan Sanders: LPGA golfer.
- Paul Duchesnay: French noted skater and Olympian who performed with his sister, Isabelle, as an ice dancer in the winter Olympics in Albertville, 2/17/1992, both winning the Silver Medal.
- David Kissinger: American writer and businessman; son of Henry Kissinger.
- Zaharie Shah: Malaysian pilot who was the capitan of flight MH370.
- Frank Gardner: English captain and journalist
- 31st All Star Baseball Game: 1-1 tie ends by rain at Fenway, Boston
- Israel welcomes its 1,000,000th immigrant
- At Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts, the first All-Star Game tie in major league baseball history occurs when the game is stopped in the 9th inning because of rain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Connie Francis - Together
- Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?