Sunday 1 August 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Long and Karl Kohn.
The Bells, directed by James Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1926 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Barry Long
- Burton Stein: Historian.
- Karl Kohn: Composer.
- Theo Adam: German bass-baritone.
- George Hauptfuhrer: American basketball player and lawyer (d. 2013).
- Battles between Druzen and French in Damascus
- Failed assassination on General Primo de Rivera in Barcelona
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Poor Papa - Whispering Jack Smith
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Gene Austin
- Cherie, I Love You - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra