Friday 20 August 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Rosolino and Arthur Rock.
Beau Geste, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1926 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Frank Rosolino
- Arthur Rock: Businessman.
- Nobby Wirkowski: American-Canadian football player and coach (d. 2014).
- Uprising against Reza Shah Pahlawi in Persia
- Japan's public broadcasting company, Nippon Hoso Kyokai (NHK) is established.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Girl Friend - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- I'd Climb the Highest Mountain (If I Knew I'd Find You) - Al Jolson