Wednesday 1 September 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abdur Rahman Biswas and Charles Delfante.
3 Bad Men, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1926 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Abdur Rahman Biswas: President of Bangladesh.
- Charles Delfante: French architect and urban planner.
- Abdur Biswas: Bangladeshi banker and politician 10th President of Bangladesh.
- Gene Colan: American illustrator (d. 2011).
- Russell Jones: Australian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2012).
- British Columbia Rugby Football Union forms
- Turkey allows civil marriage
- Lebanon under the French Mandate gets its first constitution, thereby becoming a republic. Charles Debbas is elected president.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- At Peace with the World - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?