Wednesday 1 September 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Delfante and Abdur Rahman Biswas.
The Clinging Vine, directed by Paul Sloane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1926 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Abdur Rahman Biswas: President of Bangladesh.
- Charles Delfante: French architect and urban planner.
- Abdur Biswas: Bangladeshi banker and politician 10th President of Bangladesh.
- Gene Colan: American illustrator (d. 2011).
- Russell Jones: Australian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2012).
- British Columbia Rugby Football Union forms
- Turkey allows civil marriage
- Lebanon under the French Mandate gets its first constitution, thereby becoming a republic. Charles Debbas is elected president.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- At Peace with the World - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Ya Gotta Know How to Love - Gene Austin
- Love Bound - Ted Weems & His Orchestra