Tuesday 10 August 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Claire Alain and Edwin James Nairn Carr.
The Duchess of Buffalo, directed by Sidney Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1926 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Marie-Claire Alain: French organist and organ teacher best known for her prolific recording career.
- Edwin James Nairn Carr: Composer.
- Julian Armistead: American astrologer.
- Italian-Spanish peace treaty signed
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Nick Lucas
- Am I Wasting My Time on You? - Lewis James
- The Blue Room - Melody Sheiks (Sam Lanin & His Orchestra)
- But I Do, You Know I Do - Ruth Etting