Sunday 15 August 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lewis T Preston and Georgiann Johnson in Decorah.
The Belle of Broadway, directed by Harry O. Hoyt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1926 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Georgiann Johnson in Decorah: Iowa, USA; actress (Marge - Mr Peepers).
- Lewis T Preston: Banker.
- Lyutsian Abramovich Prigozhn: Composer.
- Costis Stephanopoulos: Greek politician.
- Paul Maymont: French architect and urban planner who died on 20 March 2007.
- John Silber: American academician and candidate for public office.
- Julius Katchen: American pianist and composer (d. 1969).
- Sami Michael: Iraqi-Israeli author and playwright.
- Kenneth Newman: English police officer.
- Konstantinos Stephanopoulos: Greek lawyer and politician 6th President of Greece.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Nick Lucas
- Am I Wasting My Time on You? - Lewis James
- The Blue Room - Melody Sheiks (Sam Lanin & His Orchestra)
- But I Do, You Know I Do - Ruth Etting