Monday 23 August 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fredrik Conradi and Clifford Geertz.
3 Bad Men, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1926 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Fredrik Conradi: Norwegian singer and adman.
- Clifford Geertz: American anthropologist and academic (d. 2006).
- Gyula Hernádi: Hungarian author and screenwriter (d. 2005).
- Rudolph Valentino: Italian-American actor who gained fame through his romantic portrayals and whose films included "The Sheik," 1921 "Blood And Sand," 1922 and "Monsieur Beaucaire," 1924.
- 40th US Womens Tennis: Molla B Mallory beats Elizabeth Ryan (46 64 97)
- Rodolpho Alfonzo Rafaello Pietro Filiberto Guglieimi Di Valentina D'Antonguolla (Rudolph Valentino), silent movie idol, dies in New York, USA at age 31.
- The sudden death of popular Hollywood actor and sex symbol Rudolph Valentino at the age of only 31 years old causes mass grief and hysteria around the world.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Girl Friend - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- I'd Climb the Highest Mountain (If I Knew I'd Find You) - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?