Friday 6 August 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norman Wexler and Christa Reinig.
The Duchess of Buffalo, directed by Sidney Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1926 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Norman Wexler: American writer, a playwright and screenwriter whose credits included the screenplays for "Mandigo" and "Saturday Night Fever.
- Christa Reinig: Writer.
- J[anet] O[pal] Jeppson [nee Janet Asimov]: Author (2nd Experiment).
- Elisabeth Beresford: British author and creator of The Wombles (Born 1926).
- Lewis Thompson Preston: Businessman.
- Clem Labine: American baseball player and manager (d. 2007).
- Moritz : Landgrave of Hesse (d. 2013).
- János Rózsás: Hungarian author (d. 2012).
- Frank Finlay: Farnworth Lancashire, England -- Actor (Robbery, Lifeforce).
- Don Juan with John Barrymore shown
- Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
- In New York City, the Warner Brothers' Vitaphone system premieres with the movie Don Juan starring John Barrymore.
- Harry Houdini performs his greatest feat, spending 91 minutes underwater in a sealed tank before escaping.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lonesome and Sorry - Ruth Etting
- Spanish Shawl - Blossom Seeley