Thursday February 01, 2018
US date format: 2/1/2018, UK date format: 1/2/2018
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 2018). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to God's Plan by Drake.
Status Update, directed by Scott Speer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2018
while The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Breathe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 2018?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- Persecution of Muslims in Myanmar: The existence of five mass graves in northern Rakhine State is confirmed by the Associated Press through multiple eyewitness testimonies and video evidence. Many of the bodies in the graves were Rohingya victims of the Gu Dar Pyin massacre. (The Associated Press)
- The existence of five mass graves in northern Rakhine State is confirmed by the Associated Press through multiple eyewitness testimonies and video evidence. Many of the bodies in the graves were Rohingya victims of the Gu Dar Pyin massacre. (The Associated Press)
- The Canadian Senate agrees with the House of Commons to make the Canadian national anthem, "O Canada", gender neutral. The second line of the song will now read "in all of us" instead of "in all thy sons." (NPR)
- Apple Inc. briefly removes the Telegram messaging service from its iOS App Store. Telegram CEO Pavel Durov says Apple claims "inappropriate content" is available on the service. (The Verge)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 2018?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Drake - God's Plan
- Post Malone Featuring 21 Savage - Rockstar
- Bruno Mars & Cardi B - Finesse
- Drake - Diplomatic Immunity
- G-Eazy Featuring A$AP Rocky & Cardi B - No Limit
- Migos, Nicki Minaj & Cardi B - MotorSport
- NF - Let You Down
- Kendrick Lamar Featuring Zacari - Love.
- G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I
- Lil Pump - Gucci Gang
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $87.50
- Apple AAPL: opens at $167.17
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $94.79
- General Electric GE: opens at $16.06
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $163.19
- 1 USD = 0.7994 EUR
- 1 USD = 109.452 JPY
- 1 USD = 0.7011 GBP
- 1 USD = 1.2444 AUD
- 1 USD = 1.2271 CAD