Wednesday 1 January 1919, NewYear’s Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J D Salinger and Carole Landis.
Little Women, directed by Harley Knoles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1919 ?
- J D Salinger: American novelist (Born 1919).
- Carole Landis: Fairchild, Wisconsin -- Actress (One Million BC, Topper Returns).
- Sheila Mercier: British actress, a longtime star of the TV soap "Emmerdale Farm.
- Bones McKinney
- J. D. Salinger: Novelist.
- Yoshio Tabata: Japanese singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2013).
- JD Salinger: American writer with a minimum output and excessively reclusive, but famed as a cult favorite.
- Rocky Graziano: American boxer and actor (d. 1990).
- J Salinger: American soldier and author (d. 2010).
- Mikhail Drozdovsky: Ukrainian-Russian general (d. 1918).
- Belorussian SSR established.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams