Wednesday 1 January 1919, NewYear’s DayUS date format: 1/1/1919, UK date format: 1/1/1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J D Salinger and Carole Landis.
Little Women, directed by Harley Knoles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1919 ?
- J D Salinger: American novelist (Born 1919).
- Carole Landis: Fairchild, Wisconsin -- Actress (One Million BC, Topper Returns).
- Sheila Mercier: British actress, a longtime star of the TV soap "Emmerdale Farm.
- Bones McKinney
- J. D. Salinger: Novelist.
- Yoshio Tabata: Japanese singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2013).
- JD Salinger: American writer with a minimum output and excessively reclusive, but famed as a cult favorite.
- Rocky Graziano: American boxer and actor (d. 1990).
- J Salinger: American soldier and author (d. 2010).
- Mikhail Drozdovsky: Ukrainian-Russian general (d. 1918).
- Belorussian SSR established.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams