Sunday 1 December 1901
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walt Alston and Dorothy James.
The Artist's Dilemma, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1901 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Walt Alston: American baseball manager of the Brooklyn-Los Angeles Dodgers; author of an autobiography.
- Ilona Feher: Hungarian-Jewish violinist (d. 1988).
- Dorothy James: composer.
- Jane Gray: Australian supercentenarian who was, at 112 years, 188 days, the oldest living person in Australia.
- Marcel Reine: French aviator.
- Ilona Fehér: Hungarian-Israeli violinist and educator (d. 1988).