Saturday 1 June 1901
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Souplex and Alexandre Parodi.
La revista de la Escuadra Argentina, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1901!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1901 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Raymond Souplex: France Actor.
- Alexandre Parodi: French diplomat and the first ambassador of France to the United Nations.
- Mario Ortensi: France Actor.
- John W: Van Duren playwright (I Remember Mama).
- John Van Druten: English-American playwright and director (d. 1957).
- Hap Day: Canadian ice hockey player referee and manager (d. 1990).
- Countess of Bergolo Iolanda: Italian royalty, the eldest daughter of King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy and his wife Princess Elena of Montenegro, and the sister of Umberto II, the last king of Italy.