Saturday 1 June 1901
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Souplex and Alexandre Parodi.
Experimental, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Crisis by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1901!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1901 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Raymond Souplex: France Actor.
- Alexandre Parodi: French diplomat and the first ambassador of France to the United Nations.
- Mario Ortensi: France Actor.
- Hap Day: Canadian ice hockey player referee and manager (d. 1990).
- John Van Druten: English-American playwright and director (d. 1957).
- Countess of Bergolo Iolanda: Italian royalty, the eldest daughter of King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy and his wife Princess Elena of Montenegro, and the sister of Umberto II, the last king of Italy.
- John W: Van Duren playwright (I Remember Mama).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?