Saturday 1 June 1901
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John W and Countess of Bergolo Iolanda.
Forward, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Crisis by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1901!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1901 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- John W: Van Duren playwright (I Remember Mama).
- Countess of Bergolo Iolanda: Italian royalty, the eldest daughter of King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy and his wife Princess Elena of Montenegro, and the sister of Umberto II, the last king of Italy.
- Alexandre Parodi: French diplomat and the first ambassador of France to the United Nations.
- Mario Ortensi: France Actor.
- Raymond Souplex: France Actor.
- Hap Day: Canadian ice hockey player referee and manager (d. 1990)
- John Van Druten: English-American playwright and director (d. 1957)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?