Saturday 1 November 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert N Rapoport and Jean-Luc Pepin.
The Last Man on Earth, directed by J.G. Blystone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1924 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Robert N Rapoport: Social anthropologist.
- Jean-Luc Pepin: French Canadian politician (d. 1995).
- Suleyman Demirel: Turkish politician.
- Colette Renard: French actress and singer, closely associated with the titular character from the musical Irma La Douce, a role she played for over a decade.
- Richard Smith: American executive and CEO of General Cinema, a movie theater investment corporation.
- Roger Bourgeon: Meudon Journalist
- Süleyman Demirel: Turkish engineer and politician 9th President of Turkey (d. 2015)
- Jean-Luc Pépin: Canadian academic and politician 19th Canadian Minister of Labour (d. 1995)
- Bill Tilghman: American gunslinger and peace officer (Born 1854).
- 1st US NHL franchise, Boston Bruins founded
- Forest Peters of Montana State University hits 17 of 22 attempted field goals.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Somebody Loves Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Follow the Swallow - Al Jolson
- Maytime - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?